How to Cook Kimberly’s Curried Beef Stew
I love curries…Indian, Thai, Chinese, African…You name it, I love it! Needed my curry fix today, so I thought I’d try to create a beef curry myself for the 1st time! Delicious!!! Yum! ~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: Over Steamed Rice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
Yield: Serves 4
2 lbs Simmer Steak (also called Stewing Beef) – In 1″ pieces
3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/4 cup Peanut and/or Coconut Oil – You may mix the 2, or use vegetable oil.
2 medium Onions – Finely chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Ginger – Finely minced
5 cloves Garlic – Finely minced
1 1/2 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Ground Coriander – You may substitute 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds.
1 tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper – or more to your taste
1 tbsp Cardamom Pods
1 tbsp Curry Paste – I prefer Patak’s.
1 Bay Leaf
1 small handful Golden Raisins
1 can Coconut Milk
3 heaping tbsp Plain Yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
4 cups Water or Beef Broth
1 1/2 cups Cooked Lentils
4 medium Potatoes – Peeled & 1″ dice
1. Heat oil in crock pot and add minced ginger and garlic, bay leaf and finely chopped onions. Sautee for 3-5 min.
2. Coat beef with salt and turmeric in a large bowl. Add to pot and sautee for 5 min.
3. Add water or broth, coconut milk, raisins and spices, cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hr or until beef is tender, stirring periodically.
4. Add yogurt, cooked lentils and potatoes and simmer for an additional 20 min or until potatoes are tender.
5. Serve over rice and Enjoy!
Mmmmm…That’s all I can say…Just DELICIOUS!!! You have got to try this one!
I hope you enjoyed this Indian Cuisine recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Try this Amazing Collection of More Than 1000 Chosen Indian Recipes:
[tags]beef stew, stewing beef, beef, stew, curry, curried, Indian food, Indian cuisine, Indian, curried beef, Indian recipes[/tags]
- How to Cook Curried Mussels
- How to Make Rice More Exciting
- How to Cook Very Vegetable Soup
- How to Cook Meatball Soup
- Web Chef Review: Fern’s Ginger & Garlic Paste