A delicious, rich, celebratory Salmon Chowder is just perfect for serving on cold, Winter evenings.
How to Cook Salmon Chowder:
Type: Soup Recipe
Serve with: grated cheddar cheese & parsley
Prep Time: 20 min
Soak Time: overnight
Bake Time: 35 – 40 min
Yields: 4 – 6 people
- 1 lb (1 can) salmon – broken into chunks
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup carrots – diced
- 1 cup potatoes – diced
- 3/4 cup onion – minced
- 1/4 cup celery – minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp parsley – chopped; plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt – to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper – to taste
- cheddar cheese – grated; for garnish
- Drain liquid from salmon into a sauce pan and set chunked salmon aside.
- Add bay leaf, salt, & 3 cups water & bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, add onion & butter, and lightly saute until translucent. Add celery & sauté for another minute.
- Add mixture into sauce pan holding boiling water.
- Add into sauce pan, carrots & potatoes, and cook covered until vegetables are almost done.
- Add salmon, parsley, cayenne pepper, chili sauce & peas. Heat through.
- Gently stir in heavy cream.
- Sprinkle more parsley on top for garnish.
- Remove from the heat & serve with crusty bread & a mixed salad. Grated cheddar cheese can be served in a small bowl for each person to add to their chowder if they so desire.
Salmon Chowder is such a lovely meal that’s heart & incredibly tasty.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Fish Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Split Pea Soup: National Split Pea Soup Week
- How to Cook Irish Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Beef Pot Roast
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon
- How to Cook Lobster Whiskey Cream Stew: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes