That’s the case with this spectacular snack that I’ve recently discovered and I simply cannot get enough of it. This can also be served as an appetizer or a dessert tray such as you would with cheese & grapes or apples & dessert wine.
It’s so easy…
Type: Appetizer Recipe
Serve With: sparkling wine or sparkling water
Prep Time: 7 min
Yield: Snack for 2
- 1 large, crisp pear – chunked (bosc, barltett, red, d’anjou)
- 1 wedge gorgonzola cheese – cambozola or borgonzola work well too.
- drizzle of honey
- Simply wash & quarter a large, crisp pear. Cut the core out and chunk into roughly 1″ pieces, and place on half of a plate.
- Cut up chunks of one wedge of Gorgonzola cheese, or even Cambozola or Borgonzola, and place on other half of a plate.
- Lightly drizzle honey over the pears, especially if they’re not very sweet.
- Proceed to eat this snack with one piece of each in your mouth at one time.
To me, this is the perfect mixture of soft & creamy, crisp & sweet, and it makes an absolute symphony in your mouth. A real delicacy…a real treat!
I had to share this with you, as it is my favorite thing to snack on any time of day, especially for a late night snack. It’s easy to make, and simply fabulous to indulge in.
I hope you enjoyed this Snack Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- What’s to Celebrate on Moldy Cheese Day?
- How to Make Apple, Granola, Peanut Butter & Honey Snack
- How to Cook Turkey Scallopini Salad with Gorgonzola
- How to Make Grilled Honey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
- How to Cook Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper & Crimini Mushroom Quesadilla