This an oldie, but a goody…Don’t knock it, if you’ve never tried it. With this recipe, you are accomplishing that sweet & salty taste that everyone craves. Awesome for the Holidays & great for those on a budget too!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – Please use real vanilla extract, not artificial!
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers – crumbled by hand
- 1 cup pecans – broken or ch0pped
- * 1 Ritz & Saltine Cracker pie crust – * Optional – You may not even use a crust at all, if desired. See: How to Make a Saltine Cracker Pie Crust for basic recipe.
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees.
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Continuing to whip on next to the highest speed on your mixer, gradually add sugar and vanilla extract and continue until whites hold a stiff peak.
- Whisk in corn starch, then stir in pecans and hand-crumbled Ritz crackers.
- Either pour into a greased 9″ pie plate, or into a cooled Ritz & Saltine Cracker Pie Crust (see easy recipe @ http://CookingWithKimberly.com/?p=1099 & substitute 1 cup of saltines for 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs). * Tip: You may either smooth the surface out, or make small, meringue-like peaks.
- Bake for 30 min at 330 degrees. It should be golden brown.
- Chill & serve with Homemade Whipped Cream on top.
It may sound like a strange recipe, but it is just a phenomenal treat for the Holidays!
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
[tags]Ritz cracker pie, Ritz crackers, crackers, cracker pie, pie recipe, dessert recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, Christmas recipe, Holiday recipe[/tags]
- How to Make a Saltine Cracker Pie Crust
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Make Amazing Angel Pie
- How to Cook Perfect Pumpkin Pie Filling
- How to Bake Pecan Pie: Georgia Pecan Month