So, I chopped down a heap of it and need to create some rhubarb recipes for you.
Since it`s a weekend, I`m going to create a treat – Rhubarb Poppyseed Yogurt Muffins from Scratch with his fresh rhubarb.
If you`re not into muffins, do try my Rhubarb Moos Recipe! It`s a classic family favorite.
* Note: I had an issue with the recording of this video. So, it is broken into two parts: Part 1 & Part 2.
Type: Muffin Recipe
Serve With: By themselves, or with heavy cream, if desired or on top of vanilla ice cream
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Yield: About 14 large muffins
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the videos for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the videos below.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable, canola or peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
- 2 tbsp table cream
- 1 3/4 cups finely sliced diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and grease or spray with cooking spray, 24 medium muffin cups.
- Combine in large bowl brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Stir this mixture into a large bowl of yogurt, table cream, rhubarb and poppy seeds.
- In another small mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, then add directly to large bowl of rhubarb mixture. Combine until all ingredients are evenly combined being careful not to over-mix.
- Fill each muffin tin reservoir 3/4 full with rhubarb mixture.
- Combine ingredients for the topping – sugar, butter, and lemon zest – and sprinkle on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake in center of oven for 15-18 mins, being sure to test centre with a skewer or knife to ensure implement comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before serving.
I hope you enjoyed this Rhubarb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze
- How to Bake Great Oatmeal Muffins: Oatmeal Muffin Day
- How to Bake Easy Bread Rhubarb Apple Cobbler
- How to Bake Fluffy Southern Corn Muffins
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins