Banana Facts – Plus Great Whole Wheat Banana-Apple Bread!
I happened to Stumble Upon (add me as a friend on Stumble if you like) this great website on Banana Facts, which inspired me to tell you about how good bananas are for you!
Check out all of the amazing benefits of eating bananas:
Now that I’ve told you how great bananas are for you, I thought I’d share a recipe for my Whole Wheat Banana-Apple Bread!
Delicious and a healthy snack or dessert! This is a great way to use up bananas with spots that you will not eat. I use organic ingredients for this entire recipe…
~ Kimberly Edwards ;D
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder baking soda, and diced apple.
3. In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, water, sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
5. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
7. Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy today’s installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards ;D
P.S. For more great organic recipes, check out this great and to learn how to Go Organic or Natural in 10 Easy, Affordable Steps, check out this great information:
[tags]banana bread, banana, bread, baking with fruit, apple, apple loaf, whole wheat,banana loaf, loaf, organic cooking, organic[/tags]
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Raspberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch