Have you checked out my Neighbourhood Chef Menu, if you live in Niagara?
Tonight, I have a client who has ordered banana bread, but not just ANY banana bread…he wanted a peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread…
…And that’s what he will receive!
I must say, it smells unbelievable in my kitchen right now as the banana bread is baking, and it looks unbelievable too.
Wish I would have made one for my own household too! LOL
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – all purpose, or 1/2 & 1/2 whole wheat + all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup peanut butter – smooth or chunky
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – Do not use artificial vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, peanut butter, water/tea, honey/sugar & eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour half of wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly. Add remaining half of wet ingredients and finish mixing thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased/sprayed loaf and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean, and banana bread is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack, and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting & eating.
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread