Raspberry is one of my favorite flavors on the planet, and it goes so well with banana bread too.
This recipe will showcase both flavors in a magnificent way.
I have Banana Bread on the Neighbourhood Chef menu, and tonight, one of my good friends, Jenny D from DV8 Hair Salon in Niagara Falls made a request for my banana bread because I gave her a sample 2 days ago. Tonight, she has to have one.
Jenny D is my personal hair stylist for most projects and has cared for my hair for many years. Check out her fan page on Facebook – Hair by Jenny D.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, tea, jam, honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread
- Banana Facts – Plus Great Whole Wheat Banana-Apple Bread!