It’s my Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread!
I have been making banana breads quite a bit, as people have been ordering from the Neighbourhood Chef Menu locally in Niagara.
So, I’m sharing this new recipe with you all, which, by the way, had rave reviews already!
FABULOUS…the lasagna and banana bread is fabulous! ~ Roman N.
Try this recipe out for yourselves, and I do hope you enjoy it fully!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 2 cups flour – all purpose
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Damson Plum preserves/jam
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tea – lukewarm, or water
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, tea, jam, honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Raspberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Bread