(COOKING WITH KIMBERLY NEWS) – Season 2 of “The Great Food Truck Race” will return to Food Network, hosted by Tyler Florence on August 14th at 10:00 pm ET.
This season promises more teams, more cities, more grueling challenges and more prize money.
The series will feature eight of the top food trucks in the country, who will be battling for a $100,000 grand prize, which is double the cash prize awarded in season one…truly life-changing.
The challenges will range from amazing Cuban sandwiches, to tasty vegetarian and vegan dishes, all the way to the best gourmet grilled cheese.
These eight trucks will spend one crazy weekend in each city. Not only will they be selling specialties from their snazzy, mobile kitchens, but they will also be competing in all types of extreme challenges. For instance, they will butcher their own meat for BBQ in Memphis, forage Denver’s mountainside for wild mushrooms.
This season’s contestants include:
- Café Con Leche (Los Angeles)
- Devilicious (San Diego)
- Hodge Podge (Cleveland)
- Korilla BBQ (New York)
- The Lime Truck (Irvine, Calif.)
- Roxy’s Grilled Cheese (Boston)
- Seabirds (Costa Mesa, Calif.)
- Sky’s Gourmet Tacos (Los Angeles)
This season’s surprises are many, including a guest appearance from NFL Hall-of-Fame Quarterback, John Elway!
Check out the show for yourself:
- Food Network Star Sizzles on TV in June for Season 7
- Chopped All-Stars is Back on Food Network
- Did You Miss Kimberly’s Labor Day Menu Ideas on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’?
- How to Make Thai Papaya Salad
- How to Cook Cilantro & Lime Tuna Melts: Cupboard Cooking