Christmas time is the season of giving! What better a gift to give than one that comes straight from the heart (to their stomachs)!
I love giving food gifts for Christmas…They seem to mean so much when someone has “slaved” over their oven to bring you a gorgeous gift to enjoy!
Florentines are always a beautiful Christmas gift choice…
Christmas Recipes: Edible Gifts No.1 of 8 – Florentines
By Paul Curran
Christmas recipe makes: 12
Calories per biscuit: 170
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
* Not suitable for freezing
Christmas recipe ingredients:
cherries, 25 g (1 oz)
almonds, flaked 40 g (1.5 oz)
butter, unsalted 60 g (2.5 oz)
sugar, caster 50 g (2 oz)
cream, double 30 ml (2 tbsp)
sunflower seeds, 25 g (1 oz)
mixed peel, chopped 20 g (0.75 oz)
sultanas, 20 g (0.75 oz)
flour, plain white 15 g (0.5 oz)
chocolate, dark plain pieces 125 g (4 oz)
Christmas recipe instructions:
- Take the almonds and crush slightly. Prepare roughly cut pieces of cherries.
- Prepare a solution of sugar in the butter and bring to the boil. Away from the heat, mix in flour, almonds, cherries, sultanas, mixed peel, sunflower seeds and cream.
- Grease a sheet of baking paper and place heaped teaspoonful amounts of the mixture from step 2 onto it ensuring there is enough room for expansion during cooking.
- Bake till the edges are golden brown. 180 degrees centigrade (gas mark 4, 350 F). About 7 minutes. Take out of the oven and use a plain large metal biscuit cutter to make rounds by pushing into the biscuits. Bake again until golden brown.
- Cool for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack for complete cooling.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the remaining mixture from step 2.
- Prepare melted chocolate by heating in a bowl over water at boiling point. Then take each biscuit and dip it into the chocolate so all the edge is covered. Place on non-stick paper till cooled.
(c) Paul Curran, CEO of Cuzcom Internet Publishing Group and webmaster at Gifts-for-Christmas.com, bringing
you recipes and unique gifts for christmas including their online home collectibles and russian gifts stores.
This article may be published electronically or in print in its entirety as long as the author bylines in the resource box are included and urls kept live. A courtesy copy of your publication or web page URL would be appreciated. ———————————————————————————————
- How to Cook Lamb with Chestnut & Tomato Relish
- How to Bake a Christmas Chocolate Log + Video
- How to Cook Glazed Pork with Fig Stuffing
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- How to Make Brandied Cherries