How to Cook Lamb with Chestnut & Tomato Relish
Not much sounds Christmas-cheerier than chestnut relish!
Christmas Recipes: Main Dishes. No.10 of 12 – Lamb with Chestnut and Tomato Relish
By Paul Curran
Christmas recipe serves: 6
Calories per serving: 450
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
* Not suitable for freezing
Christmas recipe ingredients:
chestnuts, peeled cooked, 175 g (6 oz)
tomatoes, cherry 75 g (3 oz)
bacon, rindless streaky, 175 g (6 oz)
lamb, 3 racks trimmed, 900 g (2 lb)
garlic, 3 cloves
olive oil, 100 ml (4 fl oz)
parsley, finely chopped fresh, 60 ml (4 tbsp)
caster sugar, 10 ml (2 tsp)
balsamic vinegar, 30 ml (2 tbsp)
garnish, flat leaf parsley
Christmas recipe instructions:
Rub the lamb with garlic and finely coat with pepper. Cut the tomatoes in half and the chestnuts into rough pieces.
Cook the lamb racks, having placed the bacon on top, at gas mark 9 (240 degrees centigrade, 475 F) for about 20 minutes or for about 30 minutes for well done.
For the relish; mix balsamic vinegar, sugar, parsley and the remaining garlic (peeled and crushed) with the olive oil. Then add the cherry tomatoes and chestnuts.
To complete the relish add the liquid from step 2 to the step 4 product.
Serve the lamb in six pieces with the relish, garnished with parsley.
* Note: You can replace the chestnuts with frozen or canned variety.
Heating and serving tips:
* Don’t keep food hot for longer than an hour before serving.
* Leave roast potatoes open to the atmosphere after cooking, to retain their crispness.
* Remember that it is harder to keep certain foods warm. e.g. root vegetable keep their heat well but spinach and cabbage don’t.
(c) Paul Curran, CEO of Cuzcom Internet Publishing Group and webmaster at Gifts-for-Christmas.com, bringing you recipes and unique gifts for Christmas including their online home collectibles and Russian gifts stores.
This article may be published electronically or in print in its entirety as long as the author bylines in the resource box are included and urls kept live. A courtesy copy of your publication or web page URL would be appreciated. ———————————————————————————————
I hope you enjoyed this Lamb recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. Be sure to Subscribe to this Blog!
[tags]lamb, chestnut, chestnut relish, tomato relish, tomato, relish, Christmas recipe, Christmas recipes, unique gifts, Christmas gifts, Christmas, Russian gifts[/tags]
- How to Make Blue Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes: Easter Surprises
- 10 Finger Lickin’ Bacon Recipes
- Web Chef Review: Italian Chestnuts at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- How to Cook Stewed Tomatoes: National Tomato Month
- How to Cook Glazed Pork with Fig Stuffing