Some people prefer short pasta shapes, some prefer long pasta shapes, some have one of each!
Well, I just thought I’d share my favorite pasta type. By far, I prefer Linguine!
Linguine is a long pasta shape, as you can see in the photos above.
Why do I love Linguine?
- I love that it is long and you and you can twirl it on your spoon to eat it – so very Italiano.
- I like that it is thicker than spaghetti, and thinner than fettuccine.
- It is perfect to eat al dente because it has the perfect bite!
- It holds sauce pretty well since it’s a long pasta.
- It’s fun to say…LOL!
If I had to choose a short pasta shape, I think I would choose fusilli! It looks like a corkscrew and is amazing at holding sauces…It’s a fun shape with some flamboyance. I especially love to spice up the look of my macaroni & cheese by using instead of macaroni elbows, fusilli…try using the multi-colored versions.
Now, as pictured to the right, fusilli can also come in a longer form, which is fabulous as well, but I like the shorter noodles best.
Let us know what your favorite pasta shape is by leaving a comment below.
Until next time,
P.S. For some food fun, check out this food-filled novel called “Love, Life and Linguine”:
- Chipotle Steak Salad Bowl Rocks: Dallas Restaurant Review
- Gotta Know Where the Best Local Italian Eatery Is…
- How to Cook Pasta Video
- Pappardelle with Oxtail in Light Stewed Tomato Sauce – What Did Kimberly Eat?
- Is It Just Me or Has Olive Garden Changed Their Calamari Recipe?