Not only does brining impart fabulous flavor into your bird, but it makes it so much juicier as well. What we also noticed was that the turkey browned so much more evenly and more easily.
I’m brining our turkey tonight and cannot wait to feast tomorrow! Try the brine…you’ll be so pleasantly surprised how amazing the turkey is as a result!
Don’t be scared; it’s ridiculously easy to do!
Type: Turkey Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Brine Time: overnight to 24 hrs
Yield: about 2 gallons
- 1.5 gallons water
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp peppercorns – whatever color you prefer or have on hand
- 1/2 tbsp allspice berries
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 black teabags – I prefer PG Tips.
- 1 large onion – thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic – sliced
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dill seeds
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp candied ginger – chopped
- Into a large pot with 1 quart of water, add all ingredients except wine and bring to boil just to dissolve the salt and sugar. Take off element to cool for at least 10 minutes and remove teabags.
- To an oversized soup pot, brining bag or oven-roasting bag inside of a cooler, gently place cold-rinsed turkey breast-side-down, if possible.
- Add wine and remainder of water reserved – or enough liquid to cover bird completely. Either secure bag and place lid on cooler, or cover large pot with lid and leave turkey in the fridge or a very cool place to sit overnight before roasting your bird.
- When you’re ready to start preparing your turkey, remove bird from brine and rinse thoroughly, pat dry and prepare your bird as usual. * Tip: Discard brine and clean everything thoroughly.
- Enjoy your roasted turkey with a Holiday meal!
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Looking for an easy one-stop-shop for Holiday Recipes? Grab this cookbook for only $3.48:
[tags]turkey brine, turkey brine recipe, brining turkey, how to brine turkey, how to brine, Holiday recipe, turkey recipe, brine recipe[/tags]
- How to Brine a Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Holiday Poultry Brine + Video
- How to Prepare a Brined Turkey for Roasting + Video
- How to Quick Brine a Pork Loin + Video
- How to Roast Napa Jack’s Holiday Turkey + Video