Did You See Butterball’s Treatment of Turkeys?
Last night, we happened upon a show about Peta’s undercover investigations, including one of a Butterball slaughter house in Arkansas.
Unbelievably disgusting and horrific treatment of the turkeys awaiting slaughter!
You have to see it to understand what I’m talking about!
* Warning: Be prepared for the graphic images and topic portrayed in the video…It’s difficult to watch, but necessary…
I won a Butterball turkey for Christmas last, and feel almost “dirty” for taking part, although I had no idea about this before.
Our family will NEVER buy a Butterball turkey again. I couldn’t bear it!
I believe it’s the company’s responsibility to ensure the “humane” slaughter of their animals. It’s just not fair!
Why aren’t the people in charge regulating their employees’ actions? Why? Do they just not care?
Come to think of it…I can remember the times where I’ve opened up a package of chicken legs or something similar and have noticed broken bones…
I’ve never really pondered this issue too much before in the past, but this spot on television brought it to the forefront of my mind, and we will make a real concerted effort to reduce our meat intake, whether it’s “humane” or not.
* If you haven’t had the opportunity to yet, check out my Exotic Animal Lover blog…All animals are exotic to someone, somewhere!
I hope you find this Food Find to be eye-opening in more ways than one on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Eat Deliciously & as Humanely as Possible,
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Peta’s not the only animal welfare agency fighting for animal rights! WSPA works diligently to ensure animals are treated fairly too:
[tags]Butterball, Butterball turkey, turkey, animal slaughter, Peta, humane slaughter, birds, farming[/tags]
- How to Roast the Most Delicious Traditional Holiday Turkey
- Great Chickens Come From Springer Mountain Farms
- Experience Lobster Diablo @ La Parilla in Cancun, Mexico with Kimberly Edwards
- The Meat & Potatoes of Thanksgiving
- Eat Better, Eat Healthier Month: Easy Nutrition & Health Guidelines