The freshly sliced strawberries put a twist on basic, boring banana bread by using a classic combination. Enjoy!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: Milk & Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40-50 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp wheat germ – Tip: I store mine in the freezer to keep it fresh!
- 1 tbsp flax seeds – Tip: I store them in the freezer too!
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water – or room temperature tea
- 1/2 cup peanut oil – You may use vegetable oil if you prefer.
- 2 large, ripe bananas – mashed
- 8-10 fresh strawberries – rinsed, hulled & sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, flax seeds, baking powder baking soda, and sliced strawberries.
- In smaller, flat-bottomed bowl, mash bananas, add oil, water, sugar and eggs. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 40-50 min, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 min in pan, then remove from pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk and Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Love baking, but you’re not too sure about Quick Breads? Check out this comprehensive baking book:
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Banana Peanut Bread
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Banana Cranberry Quick Bread
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread