What Is Organic, Raw Dog Food About?
Organic raw dog meat should have no added chemicals or hormones, and should be of the free range variety. Organic vegetables are great for dogs also beacause they are an excellent addition to the diet of your dog.
Organic raw dog food is an excellent choice for your dog’s health for a variety of reasons:
1. Healthier coat and skin: Organic raw dog food can help prevent dermatitis, itchiness and other skin conditions.
2. Assists in the proper and healthy functioning of the digestive and immune systems in your dog: This is probably the greatest of all benefits, and will help your dog in the fight against disease, parasites and degeneration.
3. No need to brush your dogs teeth: The organic raw meat and vegetables clean your dogs teeth without the need for you to brush them (not my favorite job, by the way!)
4. Greater vitality and energy: Your dog will feel better and therefore, will have more energy! Your terrier will live longer since he won’t be exposed to the toxins of processed dog food.
Organic raw dog food is available from specialy pet stores. It is available in handy packages. Most supermarkets and general pet stores do not stock organic raw dog food. Some supermarkets stock raw meat for pets, however I am yet to see an organic variety there.
Some organic, raw dog food ingredients are:
– Fresh garlic
– Grapefruit seed extract
– Amino acids
– Flax seeds
– Organ meats such as liver and heart
You may notice that many of these ingredients are good for human health as well, although you may flinch at eating raw heart! LOL
Organic, raw dog food is a diet that your dog will thoroughly enjoy. It is worth experimenting with to see if it makes a notable difference to your pet’s health.
You’ll be amazed at the raw foods your terriers love. Each dog is different, and I even see that between my 3 miniature schnauzers. Many foods you would usually write off and say, “They won’t eat that”…you’ll be surprised they will eat, and love it, and ask for more.
My schnauzers like: tomatoes, raw turnip, peppers, celery, carrots, grapes, oranges, banana, apples (but not the skins), raisins, nuts, seeds, lettuce, garlic, onion, of course any meat (Kaptain, our boy, doesn’t like tripe).
Afterall, if your terrier were in the wild, what would they be eating? They would eat small animals they either catch or scavenge, grass (aids in digestion), roots, fruit and vegetables they might scavenge, nuts on the ground, and the list goes on. Of course, it would all be raw and organic…
We try to keep this in mind all the time. Now, my pooches eat 3 different organic, high-end dry dog foods that we mix together, but I also add oats, puffed rice, puffed wheat, apple cider vinegar, omega oils (you can get at your health food store), wheat germ, seeds, nuts and dried fruit. It’s not an exact science…and more about what you have…
On top of these additions, I add herbs and spices for them. Parsley is essential for digestion and to keep their breath fresh. They get paprika and tumeric, some chili powder, garlic, onion and anything that looks great in the garden.
They get helpings of raw meat at least once a week.
In their water, we sometimes add a few drops of mint oil, cinammon oil or clove oil to freshen breath and give them a little something different. However, everything we give them is organic.
Most of all, I don’t want them to get bored. I would hate eating the same thing day-in and day-out! Mix it up for them.
* Tip: Make small batches of different blends of foods: 1. To keep it fresh, 2. To keep them from being bored.
I truly hope you enjoyed this Food Fun post on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Feed Your Pooch Deliciously,
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. For some absolutey awesome recipes you can make for your dog at home with organic food, check out this unbelievable doggy cookbook:
[tags]organic raw dog food, how to make dog food, what to feed a dog, dog food recipe, organic dog food, raw dog food[/tags]
- Whole Foods Market 365 Brand Organic Milk Review
- Finding Quality Nuts and Info on Nut Storage
- Native American Natural Foods: Tanka Bars
- Eat Better, Eat Healthier Month: Easy Nutrition & Health Guidelines
- Freshly Baked Organic Sprouted Grain Bread from A&P