Ontario Cabbage is here at Harvest Barn Country Markets!
They are big, healthy, fresh and Ontario-grown and I got them at Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
The cabbage I brought home is in perfect condition, vibrant in color, and with crisp, plump leaves.
These particular cabbages went into salads, and I made Salami-Topped Cabbage-Wrapped Roasted Turkey Breast with the green one.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
I have found that the produce offered at Harvest Barn Country Markets is high quality & fresh, and the variety is outstanding.
Harvest Barn makes an effort, as much as possible to stock their shelves with produce and other goods that have been grown and processed within a 100 mile radius of their locations, making a contribution toward keeping our planet healthy. I am very appreciative of that fact.
It is critically important to support our local farmers and businesses as well as reducing the heavy toll it takes to transport goods long distances.
- Southern Style Fried Cabbage
- Curtido de Repollo – Zesty Cabbage Slaw
- How to Make Sauerkraut
- Bubble & Squeak
Do make a point of stopping in at your local Harvest Barn Country Market and pick up some of this beautiful, Ontario cabbage and other fresh produce.
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Savoy Cabbage at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Lettuce at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Dill at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Asparagus at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets