Ontario Baby Kale is at Harvest Barn Country Markets!
It is also great to include in your soups, stews & stocks – a little peppery and lemony – somewhat similar to arugula. This baby kale would be ideal used in sauces or on sandwiches in place of cress or lettuce – even minced in dips would be tasty.
This Ontario grown baby kale comes washed and in a handy, nicely sealed, plastic bag to keep it fresh and crisp.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
This tender Baby Kale comes from my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is one of their two locations in southern Ontario, with the other location being in St. Catharines.
Harvest Barn Country Markets try, as much as possible, to bring in produce to their market sites, from within a 100 mile radius, thus reducing transportation time and distance for the produce for their customers. The produce is fresher, optimally ripe and less likely to be bruised or damaged during transportation. When you go into their markets, you can see for yourself how fresh and beautiful their produce is, and so appealingly displayed.
- Romaine Salad with Baby Kale, Apple & Sheep’s Milk Cheese
- Zuppa Tuscana
- Super Food Salad with Pork Ribs & BBQ Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Southern Greens
- Healthy Green Garden Vegetable Soup
Try picking up some baby kale from Harvest Barn Country Markets to use in some fabulous recipes.
- Web Chef Review: Organic Green Kale by Sprouts for Life
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Kale
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Corn-on-the-Cob at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Fingerling & New Potatoes
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets