This is what I say about Ontario Asparagus at Harvest Barn Country Markets!
First, rinse the asparagus, and before you use it, just bend the stalk and it snaps off just at the point where the most tender part of the stalk begins. I’m not too sure how I will be using this particular asparagus today – perhaps I’ll grill it!
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
As usual, Harvest Barn Country Markets have brought in this fresh asparagus, as they do with all their produce, as much as is possible, from within a 100 mile radius of their two locations – one in Niagara-on-the-Lake and the other in St. Catharines here in Southern Ontario and you can find them online at Harvest Barn.ca.
While offering produce from within a 100 mile radius, they are able to provide to you, fruits and vegetables that are fresh, at optimal ripeness and they haven’t traveled hundreds of miles to get to you – thus keeping the carbon footprint minimal.
Do stop in at one of your local Harvest Barn Country Markets and pick up something wonderful for your family table – They carry a wide assortment of baked goods, dairy products, cured meats, canned and preserved items and they have a fresh food bar for your convenience, as well as an amazing variety of fresh local produce to keep your family healthy.
- Grilled Maple Sugar Ham Wrapped Asparagus
- Asparagus with Hazelnut & Orange
- Asparagus in a Bamboo Steamer
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Ontario Asparagus is at Harvest Barn Country Markets when in season.
- Web Chef Review: Niagara Food Specialties Sopressata
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Gooseberries at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Lettuce at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Cabbage at Harvest Barn Country Markets