I am so excited to bring you some information about Italian Chestnuts at Harvest Barn Country Markets.
If you have never tried them, now is a good time to do so and impress your family and guests by adding these super-tasty chestnuts to your recipe repertoire.
Find out about this product on this webisode of What I Say About Food:
When you press these sweet chestnuts, you will find that there is quite a bit of give, indicating that their moisture has begun to turn to sugars, which increases the flavor.
They are easy to roast in your oven, making them easy to peel, to use in bread recipes, desserts and pastries, savory dishes such as shiitake mushrooms and roasted chestnuts. Hearty meat dishes are enhanced when chestnuts are included, like my recipe for Lamb with Chestnuts & Tomato Relish.
I picked up these beauties at my local Harvest Barn Country Market in Niagara-on-the-Lake. They have another location in St. Catharines in southern Ontario, and you can find them online:
I hope you make a point of stopping in to pick up some of the Italian chestnuts at Harvest Barn Country Markets and have fun including them in some of your favorite recipes.
- How to Cook Lamb with Chestnut & Tomato Relish
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Kale
- How to Roast Chestnuts + Video
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Field Tomatoes at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Mediterranean Feta Cheese from Harvest Barn Country Markets