One week prior, I had learned about Big Daddy’s when I hosted an episode of Unigirl Canada’s Campus Cuisine Series with executive chef Lyndon O’Hearn.
I must say the food is spectacular, and the ambiance is great. Now, I lived in Louisiana in university and miss the people and the cuisine more than I can express.
This time when we came in, chef Trey Tran created the most beautiful spread imaginable with 4 different types of freshly shucked raw oysters on the half shell in ice, complete with all the “fixins” including freshly grated horseradish.
He then proceeded to bring out Crispy Calamari, Shrimp Crab & Chorizo Fritters, Bourbon Street Crab Cakes, Seafood Fondue, and Cajun-Fried Alligator, as well as Coconut Shrimp.
The food was unbelievable, the service was amazing, and Trey Tran is a great chef. Thank you so much to Big Daddy’s Bourbon St. Bistro & Oyster Bar.
I hope you enjoyed this Toronto Restaurant Review on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
- Kimberly Hosts UniGirl Canada Campus Cuisine Series in Toronto
- Kimberly Turner @ Toronto’s Big Daddy’s Bourbon St. Bistro & Oyster Bar
- Want Your Eatery to be a Featured Restaurant Review on CookingWithKimberly.com ?
- How to Make Cocktail Sauce for Seafood
- How to Cook Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce