Although national food holidays aren’t often acknowledged or celebrated, they sure are a great way to explore the world in food over a year, and are a great deal of food fun!
These national food holidays reflect those mostly of the USA, but with others sprinkled in as well.
- Click on the months below to take you to the specific month you are looking for.
- There, you will find a complete listing for the month with related recipe links, cooking shows or other information related to that particular food for that month, week or day.
The Year in Food on Cooking with Kimberly:
Many of the posts that are National Food Holidays, are co-written by Ingrid Turner, my beloved Mother, the one who sparked the passion for the culinary arts in me from a very young age. You will see my mother often as a guest on my cooking shows.
Mom is a marvelous writer in her own right, previously acting as editor for Newstabulous (when it was a news website), as well as Kapow News.
We started this “year” in September of 2013, so our apologies for anything not yet covered. However, the articles & recipes for each day of the year are being added daily. Sit tight & check back often.
- September Food Holidays & Events
- Ooh Wee! It’s National Fried Chicken Day!
- Is Your Deep-Seated Desire to be a Gourmet Chef?
- It’s National Pecan Sandies Day: Here’s the Recipe
- CookingWithKimberly.com Brings You Cooking & Food News