How to Bake the Best Vegan Banana Pecan Muffins
These were actually made by accident…I forgot to put the eggs in moving around so quickly in the kitchen. They turned out wonderfully, and then I realized my mistake…They turned out to be the Best Vegan muffins ever!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: Softened butter or a rum creamed cheese
Prep Time: 7 min
Cook Time: 23-28 min
Yield: 12 large muffins + 6 small muffins
Nutrition Facts: Vegan recipe
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mash bananas, and combine other wet ingredients: * yogurt (optional – you may use soy milk or almond milk), vanilla, water, oil, apple sauce (& eggs if desired).
3. In a second bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add flax seeds, pecans (or other nuts) and brown sugar, and combine entire mixture.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl and mix through until everything is just combined.
5. Put into muffin cups and bake on 325 for about 23 min (for small muffins) to about 28 min (for large muffins), or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
* Tip: Check if baked through with a toothpick by inserting into the middle of a muffin and ensuring that it comes out clean, not gooey.
6. Serve with softened butter or even a rum creamed cheese.
* Tip: You can also make this into a loaf by baking on 350 degrees for 40-50 min.
To my pleasant discovery, these muffins worked out so well, even without eggs! Fabulous!
I hope you enjoyed this Dessert Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. I am so loving my new silicone muffin pans! They are completely non-stick and work fantastically! You will throw out every single metal muffin pan you have…Dishwasher safe too! Get one of your own:
[tags]vegan recipe, vegetarian recipe, banana, pecan, pecans, nuts, banana bread, bread, muffins, loaf, banana pecan[/tags]
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Red M&M Muffins
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze
- How to Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- How to Bake Great Oatmeal Muffins: Oatmeal Muffin Day
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Banana Muffins