It’s National Cinnamon Roll Day in Sweden, and why not?
They’re not difficult to make, so try these rolls out.
How to Bake Cinnamon Rolls:
Delightful and soft, I have a super tasty cinnamon roll recipe as follows.
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve with: tea or coffee
Prep Time: 3 min
Toast Time: 2-3 min
Serves: 24 rolls
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 3 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 3/4 cup + 2/3 cup sugar + 3 tsp sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- raisins – if desired
- To prepare dough, on low heat, in a medium pot, stir shortening until it melts in milk.
- In a large bowl, allow yeast to bloom using warm water and adding sugar and stirring.
- Beat milk mixture into yeast preparation, adding 3/4 cup sugar, eggs and salt.
- Add flour and beat dough for 5-6 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl.
- Cover & refrigerate about 12 hours.
- Divide dough in half and roll out to about 12 inches x 14 inches each.
- Brush each rectangle with 3 tbsp butter.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Roll each piece from longer side to longer side.
- Slice into 2 1/2 inch pieces, and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with egg wash and allow rolls to rise until double in size – about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake in middle of oven at reduced heat of 350 degrees F until lightly browned – about 15 min. * Tip: Do NOT burn. So, check often.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Ice with loose icing, so it flows over edges of rolls.
Serve with tea or coffee.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Baking Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Bread with Raisins: Raisin Bread Month
- How to Bake Cinnamon Sticky Buns: Mother’s Day Delights
- National Hot Cross Bun Day: How to Bake Hot Cross Buns with Milk Glaze
- How to Bake White Bread: Homemade Bread Day
- How to Bake Grandma Kasper’s Paska Bread: Easter Surprises