How to Bake Spiced Sweet Potato Loaf
Serve With: Softened butter
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr for a large loaf, 25 min for large muffins
Yield: 1 large loaf or 12 large muffins
1 1/4 cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes – You may roast them for more natural sweetness, or boil them and mash like potatoes.
3/4 cup Brown Sugar – Packed
1/4 cup Maple Syrup – Or molasses – If using syrup, please use real maple syrup!
1/4 cup Butter – Softened
1/4 cup Peanut Oil – You may substitute vegetable or canola oil.
1 tsp Vanilla Extract – Please use real vanilla extract, not artificial!
1/4 cup Water – For more flavor, you may add rum instead.
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour – I use organic.
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand; If using only all purpose flour, add 1 3/4 cups.
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
* 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves – * Optional
* 3/4 cup Pecans – Chopped or Whole – Whatever your preference
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for loaf; 325 degrees for large muffins.
2. Combine wet ingredients, including butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
3. Into a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, and add pecans, if desired.
4. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl, and combine, then add the other 1/2 and combine until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
* Tip: The mixture should be moist, but be able to hold a spoon up.
5. Grease loaf pan or muffin pan with butter.
6. Pour/spoon mixture into loaf pan/muffin tins, and put into center of the oven.
7. Bake large loaf for approximately 1 hr, or until a skewer comes out clean. Bake large muffins for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Enjoy with softened butter!
I hope you enjoyed this Bread Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. I love my new Silicone Bread Pan! I’m telling you how easy it is to use and to clean…Completely non-stick! Get one of your own:
[tags]sweet potato bread, sweet potato loaf, sweet potatoes, sweet potato, bread recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, Christmas recipe, Southern recipe, soul food recipe[/tags]
- How to Bake the Best Vegan Banana Pecan Muffins
- How to Bake Buckwheat Sour Cherry Muffins with Honey Glaze
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Perfect Pumpkin Spice Loaf
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Red M&M Muffins
- How to Bake Blueberry Spelt Muffins