How to Cook Southern Style Corn Cakes
These babies are so easy and quick to make. In fact, they could pretty much be an after thought, when you main course is almost ready, that pops into your mind for an extra side. They only take about 15 minutes to complete.
Serve With: Sour cream & salsa on top. Great to serve as a side with my ‘Down South Smothered Liver & Onions with Gravy’ recipe.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: ~ 12 corn cakes
These Corn Cakes are also good with Black Beans or a mixture of the black beans and corn.
~ Kimberly Edwards
* Tip: Don’t be afraid to add either more liquid or flour/cornmeal to make it the consistency of pancake batter.
2. Get pan warm on medium heat and coat pan with peanut oil and/or butter.
3. With a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan, like you would make pancakes. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
4. When the corn cakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
5. When the other side is golden brown, repeat with the rest of the mixture.
…I guess that means they enjoyed it…LOL!
…As I hope you enjoy it!
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. Are you Crazy for Corn? Are you always looking for new ways to use corn in recipes? Here is the book for you:
[tags]cooking, corn, corn cakes, pancakes, soul food, southern cooking, liver and onions, southern style, great products[/tags]
- How to Cook Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Corn Cakes
- How to Cook Down-South Smothered Liver & Onions with Gravy
- How to Cook Great Green Bean Casserole
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Creamy Corn Casserole