Looking for a gorgeous, easy-to-make-for-your-sweetheart dish for Valentine’s Day? This is one of my favorites and is made many-a-Fish-Friday as well!
Tilapia is my favorite fish to eat! The Seminole Indians breed them in the Florida Everglades region. Meaty and tasty like seafood should be! ~ Kimberly Edwards
Serve With: Rice, baked potato, salad or your favorite vegetable
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: ~ 10 min
1. Rinse defrosted tilapia under cold water and pat dry.
2. On medium high, heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan.
3. When butter is fragrant, arrange lightly dredged tilapia in pan and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper, and allow to cook for ~ 7 min or until golden brown on bottom.
* Tip: Lightly shake pan back and forth to ensure fish doesn’t stick after about 3 min of cooking. Don’t move fish around more than you have to…It will break apart.
4. Using a large spatula, flip fish over, sprinkle freshly cracked black peppper, and cook until golden brown – ~ 4-5 min.
5. About 3 min before fish is finished, add capers, without juice, and shake in pan with fish.
6. Serve with rice and Enjoy thoroughly!
I love fish simply sauteed…no confusion and great flavor! Tilapia is a very meaty and satisfying fish!
Have a Very Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Eat Deliciously…(Especially on Valentine’s Day!!!)
P.S. Cooking For Yourself And Another Has Never Been So Easy! With Over 100 Different Recipes From Around The World, This Book Simplifies Even The Most Elegant Meals Into Understandable And Easy Instructions! Check it out here:
- How to Cook Pan Sauteed Wasabi Crusted Salmon
- How to Cook Brown Rice with Crimini Mushrooms
- How to Grill a Whole Mackerel – Lemon Cedar Leaf Grilled Mackerel
- How to Cook Coconut Crusted Baked Salmon: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Rice