How to Bake Panamanian Delight Bread
This recipe for Panamanian Delight Bread is intended for your Bread Machine and rated BM! Baker’s discretion is advised! LOL (I’m not sure if where you live, they have these warnings before every single TV show, but they do in Canada…I just couldn’t help myself…LOL)
Okay, I don’t know if this is Panamanian, but it’s what I like to call it, since I use Panama Jack liqueur/fortified wine in it. For those of you who don’t know what Panama Jack is or what it tastes like, it tastes very very similar to Irish Cream (Bailey’s).
It is a fortified wine, but don’t let that scare you or throw you off…It is creamy, looks like Irish Cream and tastes like it too.
* Also, Panama Jack is only about $13 for a 750 mL bottle in Canada at the liquor store. This bread is so delicious, and the texture is fabulous.
This bread doesn’t rise a lot, but it has a nice consistency.
~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Serve With: butter, fejoida
Prep Time: 5 min
Bake Time: 2 hr, 35 min (in my bread machine, but other machines may vary in time)
Yield: 1 loaf
I like to try and use organic flours as much as I can, and any type of flour other than all-purpose white flour.
1. Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir.
2. Turn on the machine to the Dark cycle, if you have one.
* Tip: A nice addition to this bread would be raisins, but if you add raisins, only add them after the 1st mixing, so that they don’t get torn apart, and they stay whole.
3. It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
4. When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
5. Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
I just love anything that tastes like Irish Cream, and I love to cook and bake with all sorts of liqueurs, beer and wine.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. If you love cooking with liqueurs, go check this book out. I have heard some awesome reviews about it, and it is on my wish list:
- How to Bake Kimberly’s World Premier Tabbouleh Bread
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mole Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Savory Onion & Garlic Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine