Organic harvesting is such a hot topic when it comes to food, our diets and our health, especially during National Organic Harvest Month!
Most North American farmers now use specific chemicals to protect their harvests from worms, insects, fungi, weeds and other pests.
Foods that are so treated, still have traces of those treatments on them, sometimes poisons, when taken to market.
Pesticides can contribute to illnesses including cancer.
By going organic, you can possibly eliminate the chances of contamination by such toxicants.
I say, better safe than sorry, so when it is within in budget, I would rather grow my own fruits & vegetables without chemicals, or purchase organically grown products and other organic foods.
I just don’t like the idea of ingesting pesticides & unnecessary chemicals. Let the statistics fall where they may…
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Healthy Food post on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Can You Eat Roses & Rose Products? Web Chef, Kimberly Edwards Answers
- Order Green Pepper Seeds from the ‘Cooking with Kimberly’ Kitchen Garden
- Whole Foods Market 365 Brand Organic Milk Review
- What Is Organic, Raw Dog Food About?
- Web Chef Review: Alexia Organic Hashed Browns