This is Day Four of our One Month Grocery Shopping Strike!
I had Muay Thai training this morning, and never eat breakfast before I go…it would be BAD if I did!!!
When I got home, I had a banana and made a can of cream of mushroom soup that was in our pantry, but of course, I kicked that up a few notches.
Firstly, I used buttermilk in the fridge we already had.
* Tip: Don’t be afraid to use buttermilk. It only sounds like it’s high in calories and fat. In effect, 1 cup of buttermilk is only 110 calories and 1% fat. Plus, it kicks up the flavor of your meal since it’s creamy and tangy! Great for people on diets because it gives you that feeling of eating something rich and creamy without the guilt!
I like to add spices to my canned soup – in this case, I added onion powder, roasted garlic powder, cayenne pepper and freshly cracked black pepper.
For dinner, I am making roasted butternut squash ravioli from scratch. They will be full of protein when I’m done because I’m mixing it with tofu to make it creamy and more substantial. We had won-ton wrappers in the freezer.
I’m serving it with tomato sauce from the canned tomatoes we have in our fruit cellar we made in the summer.
Four days in and we’re doing well!
Could you go on a 1 Month Grocery Shopping Strike? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
I hope you enjoyed this Kitchen Organization Tip on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
[tags]kitchen organization, cupboard eating, grocery shopping, grocery shopping strike, shopping strike, how to cook out of your pantry, pantry cooking, pantry eating[/tags]
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 5
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 7
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 6
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 2
- One Month Grocery Shopping Strike: Day 9