This fudge is usually a Fall treat, right around Halloween.
Melt in your mouth, a sweet treat that you’ll remember your whole life through.
How to Cook Old Fashioned Turner Family Fudge:
Oooh…Ahhh! I love this stuff! Unbelievable, old-fashioned fudge from the Turner Family!
~ Kimberly Turner
Type: Sweets Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 30 – 40 min
Yield: 12 x 17 inch Baking Pan
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar – packed
- 1 cup sugar – white, granulated
- 2 tbsp corn syrup or maple syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract – please use real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine in saucepan milk, sugar, butter, salt, cream and corn syrup and cook on medium heat to soft ball stage or 238° F on a candy thermometer. * Tip: You can add 1 square of baker’s chocolate, if you want the fudge to be chocolate flavored.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Allow to cool until it’s just warm.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat until gloss is gone.
- At this point, you can add nuts, if desired.
- Pour evenly into a buttered pan and when firm, cut as desired.
Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!
I hope you enjoy this Halloween Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
[tags]fudge, sweets, desserts, sugar, old fashioned fudge, how to make fudge, fudge recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Homemade Fudge Candy
- How to Bake Perfect Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- How to Make Banana Rum Pudding with Toasted Coconut
- How to Make Caramel Corn: National Popcorn Poppin’ Month
- National Caramel Month: How to Make Cream Caramels