National Rum Punch Day offers us all a chance to brush up on our rum knowledge, as well as celebrate the beauty of its flavor when mixed with other ingredients, or all alone on the rocks…
Certain rums coming from Jamaica, Martinique and the area where the stronger rums come from create a wonderful, subtle quality & complexity, and can serve as fine brandy, where the lighter rums are great mixed in tropical beverages with cute umbrellas & fruit slapped on the side of the glass. Oooooooohhh!
When you think of the “alcohol of the season” from Fall through Winter, it may bring visions of rum punch, and hot toddies…
Today, I’m giving you a great recipe, in honor of National Rum Punch Day! Plus, this is a recipe you will use throughout the Holiday Season.
Rum punch can be made successfully with any of these rums, but rum punch does best with the gold/amber or medium bodied rums.
How to Make Happy Holiday Rum Punch:
A nice recipe for rum punch calls for tasty, fruity ingredients that will make your holiday punch ravishingly beautiful, and temptingly tasty, all the while warming everyone’s spirits.
Type: Holiday Beverage
Serve with: Holiday cheer
Prep Time: 8 min
Serves: 12 people
- 6 cups pineapple juice
- 5 cups orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups dark rum
- 1 1/4 cups light rum
- splash triple sec
- 1 1/4 cups lemon or lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar syrup
- 3/4 cup grenadine
- optional garnishes: chunks of pineapple, maraschino cherries, lemon/lime slices, Mandarin orange sections
- In a large punch bowl, combine all of the ingredients above.
- Float the garnishes or other seasonal fruit you have available in the punch.
- Serve with ice, preferably.
This is a hefty Holiday drink, but would also be gorgeous on the rocks in the heat of summer. Mmm… ~ Ingrid Turner
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Alcoholic Beverage Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Mom’s Unforgettable Ambrosia Salad
- How to Make Cranberry Lemonade Punch: 4th of July Fare
- 3 Juicy Recipes for National Papaya Month
- How to Cook Caribbean Style Rainbow Trout Recipe
- How to Make Mom’s Pink Jellied Holiday Salad