Every culture, past & present, has an ethnic love of noodles.
There is no doubt that Italy has made the greatest contribution to noodle history. Pasta, the Italian word for noodles, has become part of our every day language, as Italy has so influenced our relationship with noodles.
Generally, we use “pasta” referring to noodles of Italian origin, and noodles to Asian, American & European dishes.
Dried pastas provide an inexpensive, convenient, available & reliable source of noodles, but as compared to fresh noodles, one is not necessarily better than the other.
Homemade pasta is, without a word of a doubt, delicious even though it is considerably time consuming to make. Homemade noodles allow for ingredients, fillings and shapes to be controlled to your own personal taste.
Asian noodles come in many varieties dried, but fresh Asian noodles are very tasty and have become Western favorites.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Pasta Info on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Facts on Pastas & Noodles: National Pasta Month
- It’s National Pasta Day: Try Fettuccine with Cream Sauce
- Don’t Rinse Your Pasta: How to Cook Pasta
- Pappardelle with Oxtail in Light Stewed Tomato Sauce – What Did Kimberly Eat?
- Web Chef Review: Two Guys From Italy Restaurant – Dallas, Texas