National Fried Scallops Day is a delicious proposition, isn’t it?
What sounds more fabulous than deep fried scallops served with lemon wedges, hot sauce, or some other wonderful sauce to dip it into. Boy, oh boy!
Scallops are such a delicate mollusk, and the flavor is lite & fresh.
They can be served in a variety of different ways. The small pinkish scallops, or bay scallops, have a slightly sweeter taste and area a little more tender.
The large, white scallops, or sea scallops, are delicious grilled and sauteed, as they can take more handling during cooking. When fresh, they have a sweet odor.
Fried scallops are very delicious, and I have a terrific, simple recipe for this dish.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
- 2 1/2 lbs scallops – clean & towel-dried
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, breadcrumbs, corn flakes or a combination
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash celery salt
- oil for deep frying
- Preheat deep fryer to 385 degrees F.
- Prepare breading combining in a wide bowl or pie plate by combining flour (breadcrumbs, corn flakes or combination), salt, pepper, cayenne & celery salt and stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Dip scallops into breading mixture and dust off excess.
- Drop scallops into deep fryer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from fryer and drain on clean paper towels & lightly season with salt & pepper, or seasoning like Tony Chachere’s, if desired.
- Serve with seafood sauce, Hollandaise sauce or remoulade.
These are sure to please with a sweet seafood treasure inside of golden fried coating that’s crispy & tasty.
National Fried Scallop Day just got even better!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Seafood Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Deep Fry Clams: National Deep Fried Clam Day
- Happy National Potato Month & a Favorite Spud Recipe
- October is National Seafood Month: Celebrate with Gumbo
- Ooh Wee! It’s National Fried Chicken Day!
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood