It’s National Cheeseburger Day, and there are so many ways to make cheeseburgers and so many ways to love them.
I will, however, revel in the beauty of a perfectly charcoal grilled hamburger with real, ooey, gooey cheese melted on it.
It’s not always the best idea to make burgers using the leanest beef because fat provides more flavor and moisture. Ground chuck is a good choice for burgers.
You can purchase ground chuck at your supermarket, a local deli, or you can grind the chuck at home yourself with a meat grinder.
North Americans have an overwhelming preference for hamburgers on the BBQ or fried, topped with a nice slice of cheese on top, making the burger a cheeseburger!
If you’re looking for economy, convenience & delicious nourishment that just hits the spot, a cheeseburger is probably exactly what you’re looking for.
My favorite recipe uses half pork & half chuck, but I will give you a more commonly used recipe.
All-American Cheeseburgers on the BBQ:
Type: Sandwich Recipe
Serve with: all the fixins you like – ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, onions, pickles, BBQ sauce
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 – 12 min
Serves: 6 burgers
- 1.5 lbs ground beef chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs – or cracker, chip crumbs
- salt – to taste
- pepper – to taste
- Preheat BBQ on medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until just evenly combined.
- Form approximately 6 burgers to make quarter pounders.
- Over a hot grill with greased grates, grill burger 4-6 min on the first side, turning a 1/4 turn halfway through that time.
- Flip burgers over and grill an addition 4-5 minutes on 2nd side. This is when you add the slice of cheese to the burger, so that it melts by the time the burger is done on the 2nd side.
- Perform the “poke test” to ensure the degree of how you want it cooked – i.e. medium to well done is recommended.
- Serve on fresh burger buns with all the toppings your heart desires.
Think Inside the Burger:
Now, be experimental with what kind of cheeses, buns and toppings you use to make your cheeseburger your own.
However, you may not have ever thought of putting the cheese inside of the burger patty…
Check out Kimberly’s BBQ Chili Cheddar Stuffed Hamburgers:
This is a classic recipe that deserves its own day to celebrate it’s deliciousness. Don’t you think?
Happy National Cheeseburger Day!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to BBQ an All-American Cheeseburger
- How to Grill Black Sheep Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers with Haskapa Chutney + Video
- How to BBQ Southwest Burgers
- How to Make Portabello Mushroom Pita Burgers: School Lunch Ideas
- Web Chef Review: Five Guys Burgers & Fries – Washington-Dulles Airport