National Caramel Month has finally arrived in the month of October.
Another way to create a richer caramel is to combine the water and sugar as above, but adding butter, heavy cream & vanilla extract.
A lovely recipe for Cream Caramels that follows.
How to Make Cream Caramels:
Around Halloween is a perfect time of year to make candies from scratch at home…
These caramel creams are fabulous to share, but they may be all eaten by then. 😉
Type: Sweets Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter – cubed chunks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- In a heavy saucepan with cover, combine sugar, dark corn syrup, unsalted butter and heavy cream.
- Stir over low heat until all sugar dissolves. Wash any crystals on sides with brush.
- Put candy thermometer in pot and cook mixture on medium heat. Stir until it boils.
- Wash any crystals on sides with brush.
- Cook to 246 degrees F – firm ball stage. This will take about 30 min.
- Remove from heat & add heavy cream. * Tip: Don’t worry, it will bubble a lot – this is normal.
- Return to heat and bring back to 247 degrees F.
- To set, pour into 9 x 9 inch greased pan.
- When cooling, mark caramel pieces into 68 pieces or so with oiled, sharp knife.
- When totally cooled, remove little squares from pan.
- Wrap squares individually in wax paper.
- Store in dry, covered container.
Chewy, buttery and sweet…National Caramel Month is going to be a good one.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this post on Sweets on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Caramel Apples: Caramel Apple Day
- How to Make Caramel Corn: National Popcorn Poppin’ Month
- How to Make Homemade Fudge Candy
- How to Make Chardonnay Peach Caramel Apples + Video
- How to Make Chocolate Turtles