How to Make Darjeeling Chai from Scratch
I love chai tea so much, that my hubby has derived a quicker recipe than my Masala Chai Tea recipe, so that I don’t have to run to William’s Coffee Pub for a quick fix! He Rocks and this is Delicious! Now, if I could only get him to make it more often…LOL!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: Love
Prep Time: 3 min
Cook Time: 7 min
Yield: 6 cups of tea
1. Into a pot add water, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, cardamom pods and fresh ginger.
2. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
3. Once boiled, turn down heat to medium, add milk and sugar and bring back to a simmer.
* Tip: You may use honey in substitution of the sugar. The sweetness not only ‘sweetens’ it up, but also enhances the flavor of the spices.
4. Once simmering, add black tea, take off heat and cover pot with a lid for 3-5 minutes.
* Tip: Our favorite Darjeeling tea is the Darjeeling Ambootia from Teaopia.ca
5. Pour into cups using a strainer.
This is perfect for such a cold day as it is in Niagara today! I love my hubby!
I hope you enjoyed this Tea Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Please be sure to Subscribe to this Blog!
[tags]Darjeeling tea, tea recipe, Darjeeling, chai, chai tea, beverage, hot drink, tea[/tags]
- How to Make Ginger Syrup: Upscale SuperBowl Treats
- How to Brew the Perfect Cup of Darjeeling Tea
- How to Make Kimberly’s Masala Chai Tea from Scratch
- Web Chef Review: Clipper Organic Indian Chai Tea
- How to Make Kimberly’s Canadian Homemade Holiday Eggnog