Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: ~ 10 min
Cook Time: ~ 20 min
Serve With: Mom’s Coconut Chicken Fingers, Fish-Friday, Malt Vinegar
Yield: Will serve 3 people generously
- 7 potatoes – medium-sized; any type of potato you like
- fresh vegetable oil – enough to fill a regular-sized stock pot to 1/2 full, or for your deep fryer
- sea salt – to taste
- Scrub potatoes and remove all eyes and blemishes. You may keep the skins on it you wish.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8″ wide discs.
- Place on paper toweling, and cover with paper towel. Press them to remove as much moisture as possible. Keep them covered with paper towels while oil is heating.
- Heat oil in regular-sized stock pot to 350 degrees, or follow manufacturer recommendations for your electric deep fryer.
- Test oil by dropping 1 slice into oil. If potato rises and sizzles within a few seconds, oil is ready.
- Carefully drop each slice of potato into heated oil, as quickly as safely possible without dumping them all in at one time. * Tip: Do not dump all potatoes in at once, as the oil could boil over the pot and start a fire, and injure you.
- Fry until all potatoes have risen to the top, have turned a golden brown, and are slightly puffed (~ 15-20 min).
- Take one slice out of the oil to ensure it is cooked through and is slightly crispy. * Tip: Be very careful because the slice is extremely hot! Don’t burn your mouth!
- Using a large slotted spoon, remove all potatoes onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet to soak up excess oil. * Tip: Turn off heat before removing the potatoes from the oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve & Enjoy!
Keep your skins for more natural nutrients.
These are my all-time favourite potato side dish. We never seem to make enough, no matter how many we make!!!
Serve these babies with malt vinegar. It is the perfect side dish for Friday-night Fish, or luscious anytime all by themselves!
I hope you enjoyed this Potato Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
P.S. Need a Deep Fryer? Here’s a very cool one:
- Happy National Potato Month & a Favorite Spud Recipe
- How to Cook BBQ Smoked Paprika Canadian Fries: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Roast Potato Florets + Video
- How to Make Quick Baked Potatoes