How to Make Mom’s Pink Jellied Holiday Salad
This is always a favorite at a Holiday feast. Whether it’s served as a sweet side dish with dinner or as a part of dessert, it is ALWAYS sure to please! Mom’s rock!
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Serve With: As a side dish with your Holiday feast, or as a dessert
Prep Time: ~ 4 hrs – Mostly wait time until Jello cools and sets
Yield: 1 Jello mold
1. Place Jello powder in a bowl and add 1 1/2 cups boiling water, and stir until completely dissolved.
2. Strain pineapple juice from crushed pineapple from the tin. Use reserved pineapple juice mixed with cold water to make 2 cups and add to Jello mixture.
3. Add pineapple and apples.
4. Chill Jello mixture until barely set and still quite soft and jiggly.
5. Fold in the whipped heavy cream with icing sugar added until the mixture is a streaky dark pink and white.
* Tip: Do NOT beat heavy cream into the Jello!
6. Pour into Jello mold and when totally set, unmold onto a serving plate, or pour it into a serving bowl and allow it to set.
7. Serve with dinner as a side dish, or as a dessert.
I hope this becomes a family favorite for Holiday feasts for you too!
I hope you enjoy this Holiday Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Traditionally, this is the “Jello mold” that we use for this type of salad. You can also use it to bake cakes, etc., and it will go with any occasion with this simple, but beautiful design:
[tags]Jello, Holiday recipes, Christmas recipes, Thanksgiving recipes, salad, jellied salad, desserts[/tags]
- How to Make Mom’s Unforgettable Ambrosia Salad
- How to Make White Chocolate Mousse with Toasted Almonds
- How to Make White Chocolate Mousse
- How to Make Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts
- How to Grill Pineapple Dessert: Father’s Day Flavor