How to Cook Mom’s Coconut Chicken Fingers
These chicken fingers are the ideal main course for children because the pieces are small and easy to handle. It is not so overwhelming for them, like a whole chicken breast might be. ~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Main, Appetizer
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serve With: Honey-Lemon Sauce, Honey-Mustard Sauce, BBQ sauce, Honey, Tzaziki-type dip, or Mom’s Silver Dollar Potatoes.
Servings: Should serve 4 people
1. Rinse chicken breasts under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Slice the chicken breasts, on a diagonal, into 1/2″ – 3/4″ slices.
3. Combine the egg and milk in a bowl.
4. Combine flour, bread crumbs and spices in a separte bowl or shallow pan.
5. Dip all chicken fingers into the egg and milk mixture.
6. Dredge all dipped chicken fingers in the flour and crumb mixture, making sure it is well coated and the mixture adheres.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium-high heat, until you can take a small piece of chicken, and it starts sizzling.
8. Once oil is ready, place 1/3 of the prepared chicken fingers into hot oil, and allow to fry until golden brown (~ 6-7 minutes on each side).
9. Repeat with remainder of chicken fingers in 2 more batches.
10. Once golden brown and cooked through, place all chicken fingers on a cookie sheet and lightly sprinkle them with additional crumb mixture for additional crunch.
11. Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 min, depending upon the thickness of chicken fingers.
12. Serve & Enjoy!
This was delicious! I love them without any sauce at all. I especially love these chicken fingers served with Mom’s Silver Dollar Potatoes.
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. If you’re looking for the tastiest chicken recipes, check this little doozy out:
[tags]chicken, chicken recipes, chicken fingers, coconut, coconut chicken fingers, mom’s cooking, home cooking, appetizer, chicken dish[/tags]
- How to Cook Mom’s Canadian Fried Chicken
- How to Cook Chicken a la King: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to BBQ Kampot Pepper Crusted Chicken Breasts + Video
- How to Cook Seared Duck Breasts with Fig Sauce: Mother’s Day Delights