Mediterranean Bread for the Bread Machine is a wonderful surprise any day of the week…
The flavors from around the Mediterranean Sea are wide & varied.
Countries in the Mediterranean region of the world are: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Monaco, Montenegro, Northern Cyprus, Palestine, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Turkey & Tunisia.
Mediterranean Bread for the Bread Machine:
I just wanted something different today and thought I’d experiment with some of my favorite flavors! Try it…You’ll love it!
Type: Bread Recipe
Serve With: fresh, softened butter, feta cheese and olives
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs 35 min
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cups water – lukewarm
- 1 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast – I prefer Fleischmann’s.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
- 1 1/2 tbsp flax seeds – optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning – I use a spicy mix.
- 2 roasted red peppers – diced
- 7 sun dried tomatoes – diced into raisin-sized pieces
- 15 olives – pitted & sliced
- 1/3 cup oats – I use organic.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups bread flour – I prefer Robin Hood brand.
- Combine all ingredients in the bread machine reservoir in the order presented.
- Turn on the machine to the Dark cycle, if you have one.
- Tip: If dough looks too wet, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time; if dough looks too dry, add more water 1 tsp at a time.
- It takes 2 hr, 35 min for my machine to bake this type of bread.
- When bread is finished baking, open lid of the bread machine to let it cool slowly for about 10 min.
- Take bread out of baking pan, and wait another 5 min.
- How to Bake Cottage Cheese n’ Dill Bread
- How to Bake Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Moroccan Spice Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cranberry Rye Bread in a Bread Machine