Kimberly’s Kicked-Up Texas Frito Pie is something you’ll make when your taste buds are feeling a bit naughty…
Yet another guilty Texas indulgence – those Texans know how to eat, let me tell you!
Kimberly’s Kicked-Up Texas Frito Pie:
This is a wonderfully eclectic recipe that will certainly be a great conversation piece too!
Type: Entrée Recipe
- 4 cups Frito corn chips – or comparable brand
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese – or Tex-Mex style
- 2 cups chili – either homemade or your favorite canned variety
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup green onions – chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers or pimentos – chopped
- sprinkling chili powder – to taste
- sour cream – on the side for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Arrange about 2 cups of corn chips in the bottom of the dish, topped with 1/2 of all remaining ingredients.
- Tip: If you are using small bags of Fritos, neatly open them from the top of the bag, and save for serving the Frito pie in. This is a neat way to present the dish, and also makes it portable for kids who are on the go!
- Repeat with a 2nd layer.
- Put in the oven for 15 min, or until cheese is melted & bubbling.
- Enjoy with Margaritas!
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Creamy Corn Casserole
- National Chili Month Brings a Recipe You Will Love
- How to Cook Tempting Texas Chicken Tortilla Soup
- How to Cook Ground Beef Nachos: International Nacho Day
- How to Make Melania’s ‘Killer’ Chimichurri Recipe