What’s better than Eggnog at Christmas? Homemade Eggnog at Christmas! It’s not like the stuff you buy in a carton at the store…let me tell you!!! Try it! You’ll be glad you did! ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
I use organic ingredients for this recipe.
- 4 cups milk – whatever percentage you prefer
- 4 large eggs – well beaten
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – Please use real vanilla extract; it tastes better & is better for you!
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg – freshly ground is preferable
- * cinnamon sticks – * optional; for garnish
- Combine milk, well beaten eggs, powdered sugar and nutmeg in a heavy saucepan, stir/mix well using a whisk.
- On low heat, slowly bring to a simmer for approximately 5 minutes, while frequently stirring/mixing with a whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly mixed through.
- Refrigerate until cold. Enjoy! * Tip: Traditionally, eggnog is wonderful mixed with Brandy.
This is hands-down my favorite Holiday beverage! I know it will be yours too.
I hope you enjoyed this Egg Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time,
[tags]eggnog, egg nog, eggs, Canadian recipe, beverage, Holiday drink, Christmas recipe[tags]
- How to Cook Rosewater Tapioca Pudding
- How to Make Kimberly’s Panama-Nog
- How to Make Christmas Eggnog
- How to Bake Indian Pudding: National Indian Pudding Day
- How to Make Prailines: National Prailines Day