Well, why not spend the day trying to find out about these tasty tidbits since it’s National Pecan Sandies Day in the USA!
More of a Southern treat, as they have a plethora of pecan trees giving shade and producing lovely nuts right now.
What makes a pecan sandy a great cookie? Of course, it’s a simple recipe that highlights a fabulous ingredient – the pecan, of course!
Here’s how to make your own batch today:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar – white, granulated
- 2 tsp water – or milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract – please use real vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – then sift
- 1 cup pecans – chopped
- Optional: 1 pecan nut per cookie to top
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add water or milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add sifted flour and chopped pecans.
- Chill for approximately 3-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Form balls, about the size of a walnut, and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. * If desired, you may place a whole nut on top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
- Slightly cool, and roll in powdered sugar, if desired.
Then, share them with family or friends and enjoy!
Now, don’t you feel better?
[tags]pecan sandies, how to bake pecan sandies, cookie recipe, National Pecan Sandies Day, Pecan Sandies Day, national food holidays, food holidays[/tags]
- How to Make Prailines: National Prailines Day
- National Pecan Cookie Day: Recipe of Nostalgia
- Chocolate Dipped Almond Crescent Cookies Recipe: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
- How to Bake Rose’s Pecan Cookies
- How to Bake Ingrid’s Peanut Butter Cookies: National Cookie Month