How to Bake Incredible Breakfast Pie
Woweee! I created this breakfast this morning, and it was a hit to all who ate it. I truly hope you enjoy this easy breakfast feast! ~ Kimberly Edwards 😀
Serve With: salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, fresh fruit
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: One 8 x 8 casserole dish. It should feed about 5 people generously.
* This is also delicious in it’s vegetarian form. Just eliminate the sausage, or use a tofu-based sausage.
1. Heat oven to 400 F, and grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish with oil or butter.
2. You may use browned/cooked sausage, or fresh/raw, as it will cook in the oven completely. Slice sausage, and spread evenly in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, Bisquick, eggs, pepper and sea salt for 1 minute with a whisk or until there are no chunks left.
4. Pour this mix into the casserole dish, on top of the sausage.
5. Finely chop green pepper and onion, and evenly disburse them on top of the mixture in the casserole dish.
6. Evenly scoop 3 tbsp of salsa onto the top of the mixture, or more if you love salsa.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean from the center of the pie.
8. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top to melt.
9. Cut into pieces and serve with salsa, hot sauce and/or sour cream.
I truly hope you enjoyed this installment of Cooking With Kimberly .
If you enjoy visiting this blog, make sure you subscribe to it by clicking on the Subscribe button on the right hand side of this page.
Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 😀
P.S. If you enjoy breakfast from the border, as we do since my hubby is a Texan, you may want to check out this great book:
- How to Bake Savory Mole Breakfast Bread Pudding (Mole Man-Quiche)
- How to Cook Spicy Cream Cheese Stuffed Tortilla Rolls
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Bake Chiles Rellenos
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Bean & Cheese Frittata for Breakfast