How to Wash Your Wooden Spoons
Now, I watched a health spot on the news the other night that exposed the dangers of putting your wooden utensils in the dishwasher to wash.
Although you would think that you are sanitizing them, you are actually opening up the pores of the wood where bacteria from your dishwasher likes to hide.
Then, the wood cools after washing and it closes the pores of the wood, bacteria inside.
Yuk! Who knew?
How Do You Wash Your Wooden Utensils Then?
Well, you are to wash them in warm water with soap. Rinse thoroughly and then lightly grease them, using a tasteless oil, like canola or soya, to seal the pores of the wood from allowing bacteria to settle down inside.
I hope you find this Cooking Tip on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Get your own 16″ wooden spoon for only $0.98:
[tags]wooden spoons, wooden utensils, cooking spoon, health tip, cooking tip, cleaning tip[/tags]
- Web Chef Review + Contest: Smart Oven Gloves by Amazing Ventures
- Web Chef Review: Chefmate Cookware Stainless Steel Frying Pan
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Island Bread Pudding Recipe
- How to Make Caramel Apples: Caramel Apple Day
- How to Make a Really Tasty, Healthy Nicoise Salad