When you go to all the trouble to make something very delicious and spend good time preparing it, it’s a great idea to make more than you will use…
…The excess is great to store away in the freezer to use at a later date and save you time and energy.
This week in particular, I happened to make meatballs for my Meatball Soup, and cookie dough for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Both took love and effort and I made more than I needed in one use.
So, you will want to store them…but how?
If you simply drop them into a Ziploc bag and throw them in the freezer as is, they will all stick together and you will have one big mess on your hands.
So, what to do? Here’s how to store extra meatballs or cookie dough!
- Prepare the recipes into their respective ball shapes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or sprayed it with non-stick spray.
- Place the remaining pieces on the cookie sheet to freeze.
- Place into your freezer for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take out of freezer and place into a resealable plastic bag and label with date and contents
- Return to the freezer for later use.
* Tip: If you live in a cold place like I do right now (i.e. Canada) and it’s freezing outside, you can put your large cookie sheets outside for about 30 minutes to freeze the meatballs or cookie dough. Then you can transfer them into a resealable plastic bag to freeze. This works especially well if you don’t have a large enough freezer to freeze them in the first place or don’t have enough room to fit a cookie sheet. Just be sure to cover the cookie sheet & food while it’s outside.
Now, I’m ready to make spaghetti with meatballs and only have to prepare the spaghetti and pan fry the meatballs.
I’m also ready to take out only a few balls of cookie dough and bake them for my own late night snack that no one has to know about…hee hee!
I hope you enjoyed this Information on How to Organize Your Kitchen on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Be sure to check out the Cooking with Kimberly Store!
Technorati Tags: how to store food, how to store meatballs, how to store cookie dough, how to store, kitchen organization, how to organize kitchen, how to prepare food ahead of time, how to prep food, cooking tips, cooking tricks
- How to Form Gnocchi Pasta
- How to Cook Tomato Dumplings with Meatballs
- How to Cook Meatballs & Gravy
- How to Cook Meatballs
- How to Bake Christmas Fingerprint Cookies