Use Canadian whiskey & make this a true Canadian dish.
How to Roast Whiskey-Basted Peameal Bacon:
We are fans of peameal bacon at our house, and this roast is a lovely change from other peameal recipes we make.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hrs
Rest Time: 5 – 10 min
Yield 6 servings
- 4 1/2 lb peameal bacon roast
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 oz Irish or Canadian whiskey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary – chopped
- 2/3 tsp fresh ground pepper
- dash sea salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make a few slits across fatty top of roast.
- Make a mixture in a bowl by combining the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, whiskey, salt, pepper, rosemary & cayenne, and thoroughly cover exterior of roast with mixture, saving any leftover mix for basting later.
- Roast for 35 min, and then baste roast with leftover basting mix.
- Roast for another 30 min. Then, make a foil tent & lightly cover roast.
- Roast another 25 min or until meat thermometer registers 134 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 – 10 min prior to slicing.
This delightful Whiskey-Basted Peameal Bacon Roast gives a whole new twist to enjoying peameal bacon.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- A St. Patrick’s Day Menu from Web Chef, Kimberly Turner, on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- How to Make Canadian Whiskey Toasted Marshmallow Shots: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Make Foie Gras Pâté
- Changing My Life with Bacon
- How to Roast Leg of Lamb: Easter Surprises