If you have never Roasted Chestnuts before, this is the perfect time to learn!
Using my recipe for how to cook fresh chestnuts will ensure your success…
Roasted chestnuts have an earthy, sweet taste and combine well with cooked Brussel sprouts. The presentation is quite beautiful, as the Brussel sprouts are intermingled with these delicious tidbits of roasted chestnuts.
These beautiful chestnuts are so shiny and pretty, and of course, they came from Harvest Barn Country Markets in Niagara-on-the-Lake. They have another location in St. Catharines, Ontario and you can check them out online:
Harvest Barn is well known for their excellent fresh produce and other quality products. A benefit is that Harvest Barn makes an effort, as far as is possible, to bring in produce and other food items for you, from within a 100 mile radius of their two locations. This ensures that the produce is less likely to suffer bruising, rotting, or breaking down in transit, while Harvest Barn is supporting local farmers who need all the help they can get, to keep producing our food, while maintaining their farms and living the demanding farming lifestyle.
Type: Snack Recipes
Yield: about 2 cups
Prep Time: 15 – 20 min
Roast Time: 1/2 hr
Cool Time: 1/2 hr
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- about 2 to 3 cups fresh chestnuts
- a sprinkling of water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut an X on the nuts on the rounded side, cutting through the skin, and arrange on a baking sheet, with flat side down.
- Spray a bit of water over the surface of the chestnuts on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove chestnuts from oven, wrap them in a towel, and allow to steam in the towel for about half an hour to 40 min, while cooling to the touch.
- Peel chestnuts and use in your favorite recipe or eat them just as they are.
Stop in at Harvest Barn Country Markets and pick up some of these lovely chestnuts, or other superb product, for your table.
Try this recipe for how to cook Roasted Chestnuts, and include them in one of your favorite dishes.
- Web Chef Review: Italian Chestnuts at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Fresh Ontario Herbs
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Kale
- Web Chef Review: Ontario Horseradish at Harvest Barn Country Markets
- Web Chef Review: Harvest Barn Country Markets Ontario Peppers